Skip to content

Kings for Vets Fishing tournament

Check here for major upcoming events!

Kings for Vets Fishing tournament

Postby kings for vets » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:36 am

The Veterans King Mackerel Fishing Tournament is to help bring attention to what our Active Duty and Veterans live with daily. We take freedom for granted but these people are the reason why we are lucky enough to live as we do. Some of our Veterans and Active Duty personnel need our help. I hope to obtain the media and public spotlight on the problems that many have and help get the means to correct them. All proceeds made during this fishing event will be divided equally between the different Morale Welfare Recreation groups and veterans charities. This tournament is open to the public. I am asking for at least a $50.00 per boat entry fee. We will award prizes in the King Mackerel, Spanish mackerel and Spot Tail Bass categories. I am also asking participating boats to think about taking an Active Duty or Veteran out on the water with them to fish. These boats will be competing for a plaque in any of the three categories.
This is my way of giving back a little something and to thank the Active Duty and Veterans for what they are doing and what they have done.
Regards
Todd Knight

Captains meeting 5:00 P.M. till 7:00 P.M. at the Mount Pleasant Shrine’s Temple (Patriots Point)
Tournament is the 19 June at the Charleston Harbor and Resort marina in Mount Pleasant weigh-in to be held from 3-5Pm with awards ceremony to begin at 6:00 P.M. (Patriots Point)
Check out the web site for more info and a list of sponsors www.kingsforvets.com
kings for vets

Re: Kings for Vets Fishing tournament

Postby bronc_17113 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 am

sounds like a great thing your doin and how fitting that so much of the meeting takes place at patriots point I have many fond memories of my dad taking me out there in my youth
A U.S. VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America for an amount of "up to and including my life."
bronc_17113
Site Admin

Postby kings for vets » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:05 pm

this is the tourney Logo smaller so it will fit on this screen

kings for vets

Postby Fourthwind » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Good luck on Saturday Todd! :B

I will be up in the mountains for the weekend, but I look forward to the results! Make sure and send us some pics!
"May God shelter those that serve from harm and may He hold close to His bosom those that have made the ultimate sacrifice." Rev. Earl Dowdle
Fourthwind
Site Admin (Founder)

Return to Board index

Return to Upcoming Events